Are you planning to travel to Singapore but you’re not sure whether you can enter, and what the latest entry requirements are?
I understand the headache of travel planning during the pandemic. Travel rules and restrictions change all the time, it can be really hard to keep track.
In this article, I’ll be summarizing Singapore’s latest entry requirements to help you make informed decision about traveling to Singapore.
I’ll do my best to update this article as soon as new regulations are announced. Since I am staying in Singapore, I’ll be able to get the latest regulations within the same day it is announced.
VACCINATED TRAVEL FRAMEWORK (From 1 April 2022 onwards)
From 1 April 2022 onwards, the new Vaccinated Travel Framework (VTF) will overwrite all of the previous restrictions.
Here are what you need to know about VTF:
- Fully vaccinated travelers refers to everyone aged 12 and above who has received 2 doses of approved vaccines. Booster is not compulsory. Vaccine details here.
- All fully vaccinated travelers from any country can enter Singapore without quarantine, as long as they have not visited any countries in the Restricted Category in the past seven day. As of now, there’s 0 country in the Restricted Category.
- All fully vaccinated travelers do not require entry approvals to enter Singapore.
- All fully vaccinated travelers do not need to take pre-departure test within 2 days before departing for Singapore and obtain a negative test result.
- All fully vaccinated travelers do not need to take any COVID-19 tests on-arrival in Singapore.
- All fully vaccinated travelers may enter Singapore on any flights.
- All fully vaccinated short term visitors do not need purchase insurance with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalization cost.
Checklist for fully-vaccinated travelers (source):
- Ensure that you have the relevant proof of vaccination if you are aged 13 and above
- Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months
- Obtain the necessary documents if required, such as:
- Fill up SG Arrival Card (SGAC) within 3 days before your arrival (if you’re SC/SPR/pass holders entering via land, it’s not necessary to fill up this form)
- Install TraceTogether App
Meanwhile, non fully vaccinated travelers still need to apply for approval to enter (VTP), purchase insurance, take pre-departure test 2 days before departure and obtain negative result, undergo 7-day quarantine at home/hotel, take PCR test at the end of 7-day. Details for non-vaccinated travelers here.
Transiting via Singapore
If you’re not traveling into Singapore, but just transiting via Singapore, the requirement is much simpler. Basically there’s no covid-specific requirement for transiting in Singapore.
Basically, you just need to ensure your flights are booked on the same itinerary, in order to ensure that their checked-in luggage can be tagged-through from the origin airport to their final destination. Travelling with flights operated by different airlines on the same journey is allowed, if the flights are made under the same booking. Do consults your airline on the options available.
You don’t need to apply for Entry Visa to Singapore for transit. During transit, you’re not allowed to clear immigration and collect baggage. That’s it!
Any questions, comments or feedback? Let me know in the comment!
If you like my work, you can buy me a coffee! Your support will help me to keep going!